Error Code- 800700C1, having problems with windows update

Original Title: having problems with windows update

Hi not too familiar with how this works but I'm having some issues with Windows Update.

Since about February my updates went smooth and everything, but after that even when I'm attempting to install multiple updates it will show less than what I am trying to update and come up with the error 800700C1. It mainly consists of Updates for Windows 7

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and im having issues installing the following:
KB2647516
KB2633873
KB2621440
KB2641653
KB2654428
KB2665364
KB2667402
KB2639308
KB2640148
KB2660075
KB971033
KB2647518
KB2607576 (one of the optional updates)

Got this computer from a used computer guy and didn't get a restore disc, prefer to leave a fresh install as a last resort if possible, but tried just about everything I can think of (Windows Fix-it and some other things that were supposed to help)

Edit: Alright thanks for the help, tried the first two ideas but no luck, going to try the third in a bit.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2019 Views 3,092 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

1. What are the troubleshooting steps you tried to fix the issue?
2. Which fixit are you referring to?
3. Have you made any software or hardware changes to your computer prior to this issue?

To work with the issue, refer these methods.

Method 1:

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Method 2:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Firewall-frequently-asked-questions

Note: Make sure you enable the antivirus software, other security programs and firewall after the test.

Warning:
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Try to install the updates.

Method 3:

Perform a clean boot of the computer.

Clean boot-   It’s a process wherein you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.  A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Please refer the following link to obtain information on how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Try installing the updates in clean boot mode.

NOTE: Ensure you perform the step 7 mentioned under “Reset the computer to start as usual” after you check if the issue persists in clean boot, at the above link.

NOTE: While installing the updates you will need to install the updates according to the size (Lowest size to highest). Further, ensure that you don't install more than 2 updates at a time.

Check if it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.