Computer stuck at starting screen with a flashing cursor after installing Windows Updates.

After updates from Tuesday 09-11-12 on my Sony Laptop, the laptop will now only boot to a flashing cursor. You do not hear the harddrive startup period. The only way around this is to use a Repair Disk for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to allow unit to boot. Then he update continues, as in a reboot, and then goes to the logon screen. Boot sector messed up maybe. What should be the proper procedure to recover this. The unit still boots to a flashing cursor if I do not use the Repair disk (dvd). Thanks ahead of time.

Original title:Update from 09-11-2012 will not allow Sony laptop to boot, flashing cursor.

Answer
Answer

Here is the answer...  A friend came over Wednesday last and tryed to help me out. While I went to get some coffee my friend adjusted something for me with out telling me. We cover a lot of subjects so he forgot to state same.

Well I started this morning and went back over all of my areas that may cause this problem. The boot bios had the HD as last item to boot; dvd, thumb drive, HD.

So with no thumb drive present we have a blinking cursor.    TA-DA!

Problem fixed. Thaniks for the assitance. Everyone have a great day!!

Sir Walter

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2021 Views 6,304 Applies to: