Question

Q: Failed Updates: This thread is locked from future replies

I have had quite a few failed updates, but the main one says it is important, and it has failed to update 2 times already.  Can someone give me a link to update it? 

This is what my update history says:

Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista (KB968816)

Installation date: ‎1/‎31/‎2010 4:08 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80072EFD

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

Please help me.

Thank You, JanSub

Answer

A:

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD] when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

That being said...

Visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates. 

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 730 Last updated: March 25, 2018 Applies to: