All security updates stop IE7 from connecting to the internet

All IE7 Security Updates I install (cumulitive or not) cause IE7 to not be able to connect to the internet. I have to uninstall the security update in order to connect to the internet. I have Windows Vista 64, IE7 and Cable internet. I have checked for virus's several time using Microsoft Security Esentials and Malwarebytes Antivirus and it allways comes back clean. I am also running Windows firewall and have put Internet Explorer on the exeption list as well as turned it off to see if that was causing it from connecting and it did nothing. Can someone please tell me how to fix this.  

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 895 Applies to:
Answer
I'll take it that this issue also occurred when the last Cumulative Security update was installed, correct ?

From: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-002 - Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (978207)
Support
•  Visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy.  If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.  For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support .

•   International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web site .
Suggest you use the no charge support option to get to the bottom of this issue, cj111.

MowGreen Update Services Consumer Security
MowGreen

*-343 FDNY -*
Never Forgotten

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

When (approx. date) did you install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)?

What anti-virus application was installed before you installed MSE, was your subscription still current, and did you uninstall it before you installed MSE?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?

Can I install MSE to clean up my already-infected computer?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.