windows dream scene has encountered an unrecoverable error while decoding the video

While playing dreamscene I get this error ''windows dreamscene has encountered an unrecoverable error while decoding the video'' My OS is windows 7 ultimate; I activated dreamscene using the activator and got a video 7 min and 25 sec long which I converted from mp4 to wmv using any video converter. The original resolution of the video as a mp4 was 1728 by 1080; when I converted it I got 1920 by 1080. The original videos bitrate was about 4000 kb/s the converted one was about 8000 kb/s. But the audio bitrate went from 125 kb/s to 64 kb/s. Whenever I play the video after about 5 mins it crashes with the error and I either have to go to the video and launch it again or reset it back to my default theme. I also have a 4k version of the same video which won't even play 30 seconds without crashing with the same error. I figured if I found out what's wrong with the 1080p one I would be able to fix the 4k one as well which is the version I actually want playing not the 1080p.

If the specs come in helpful:

4th gen core i5 1.6 GHz with turbo boost to 2.6 GHz 

AMD radeon HD 8750M graphics

4 GB RAM

500 GB HD

15.6" screen 

oh and this is a laptop and the amd graphics are switchable and only activate when needed so it's possible the dreamscene is running on the intel hd graphics not the amd. 

hopefully someone knows what to do as I've searched quite a bit and haven't found a thing which might help solve this really annoying issue.

Thanks! :)

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2018 Views 4,631 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i'm sorry, maybe you don't understand, but those links have nothing to do with my problem.

my problem is to do with the dreamscene crashing after a few seconds. 

i don't want to troubleshoot it as i have done that already and windows 7 can't detect anything wrong (as usual) and that site is for vista which probably doesn't count.

the other websites answer is totally irrelevant (like yours) and even the question isn't similar to mine.

so exactly what you mean by giving me those links i do not understand, but if you are actually trying to help, next time use your head and read the question more carefully.

this is a really annoying issue which prevents me from using the dreamscene i want to see as my background and a proper answer would be really appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I had the same error and I solved it changing the wmv video resolution, I had this video that worked that was 1280x800 and I tried this resolution with the new video that didn't work an it worked, you should try diferent resolutions and see if they work.

I converted the video form mp4 to wmv with this converter:

http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-wmv

there you have an option to change video resolution where it says "change screen size".

I hope this works for you if you still need it 

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.