Question

Q: Windows 7 Windows DVD error synchronizing project

Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!

Idea: i am trying to make a DVD for my grandma for her birthday with pictures i have taken of my kids i have been getting an error telling me, "error synchronizing project" this will pop up after about 2.1 to 2.9% when encoding the DVD file after i select burn, this also happens after i open the picture folder to see all my files in the project. this is the third DVD i have made on this laptop. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. 

• Windows DVD Maker
  • Error Synchronizing Project
  • i have not made any changes 
  • Checked all files that might be corrupt, restored all defaults with the codecs, unchecked the AVI codec that is in the program, restarted it. removed some of the pictures changed the menu styles and also changed music. slowed down the burn speed to medium changed the default temporary file to the videos in my documents. and last i changed dvd's to a different brand to see if it might have been a bad disc. 

Answer

A:

Hello,

Is there any other 3rd party burning software installed on the computer?

If “Yes”, uninstall and then use Windows DVD maker and check if that makes any difference.

Change the Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings and check or create a sample movie with a different set of pictures and try to burn.

Refer to “Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings and check” http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-Windows-DVD-Maker-DVD-Video-settings

“Burn a DVD-Video disc with Windows DVD Maker” http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-DVD-Video-disc-with-Windows-DVD-Maker

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 10,576 Last updated: May 22, 2018 Applies to: