When running windows 7 How can I Uncheck the checkbox for Enable next-generation Java Plug-in

The box defaults to checked for enable.  I can't uncheck that box.  Can you help?   In XP when I went to Java control panel it was an option to uncheck.  Here I can highlight it and hit space bar which removes it but when I do apply and then reopen IE it reverted to checked. Someone discovered it is disabled but it doesn't seem the old one is enabled.  Thank you
Answer
Answer
Hi marymmarg,

a. Have you installed the latest updates for Java? If not I’d suggest you to check for any recent updates and install the same and check if that fixes the issue.

The new Java Plug-in is enabled by default. However if there are issues running applets with the new Java Plug-in, the user can switch to the old Java plug-in without any manual manipulation of the windows registry and moving files.

Steps to switch between Java Plug-ins

1.    Click Start.
2.    Click Control Panel.
3.    Select Java Control Panel.
4.    Click Advanced tab in Java Control Panel.
5.    Scroll to Java Plug-in entry.
6.    Uncheck the check box for Enable next-generation Java Plug-in.
7.    Click OK and restart the system.

If the above steps do not help, you may have to contact Java support for further assistance:

Java.com: Support options

http://java.com/en/download/support.jsp

Hope this helps!

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 3,346 Applies to: