wen i click any icon on the screen wordpad po up any page that I click wordpad popup please help me

I was cleaning my computer and wen I finish I restart my computer and after that every time that I click on a icon or I click on any page I get (WORDPAD) pop up and a massage  say this program cant no be run in dos mode.  And I don't have internet explorer. Please can you help me

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and we will be happy to help you with your concern.

As per the description, all programs opens with Wordpad.

The issue may happen due to default program association.

Perform steps from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

When you run an .exe file on a Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program 

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Hope this information helps.

Reply to us if you face any issues with Default association  or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.