"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it......."

I recently updated to windows vista, and 7.  I had the same problem with both OS's.  Whenever i try to install certain programs i get a message that says..
        "This installation package could not be opened.  Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

I have tried manually updating windows installer, but i cant seem to figure out how to fix this one.  Currently im running windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

Thank you,
  `Stryffe

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2019 Views 164,472 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
For Everyone who is having trouble with this. First ive tried your guys' steps to fixing and it was confusing and a lil hard to follow. i have windows vista 64 bit. and ive tried all sorts of solutions. Ive found one that some of you will like and others wont. ok here it is:
you have to create a new user! and you can download anything and it will show up on your previous user! its that easy!

Here is a vid showing you how if you dont know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09COXeVRGo

112 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I ended up having to do a clean install (format HDD), had already tried creating a new user.

Here's the rest of my posts on this issue:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/2-different-office-2010-errors-since-auto-updates/ac6b9d1b-08a1-4950-bfd9-3f9e18aacec9

67 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.