The Windows 7 update for Cisco NAC Agent won't run on my computer, even in compatibility mode. Any suggestions?

I am in college, and my school uses Cisco NAC Agent to allow students to access the internet.  Without logging on to this program, there is no way to access the internet at school.  I installed Windows 7 the day it came out, and I have not previously had any problems with NAC Agent.  Today, I was on the internet when it stopped working all of a sudden.  When I tried to open up the browser again, it went to a page telling me to launch Cisco NAC Agent 4.7.1.15, the new version that came out today.  It was supposed to fix compatibility issues with Windows 7.  I didn't have these problems, but I installed the new version because my school requires all software to be updated or the internet won't work.  The installation says it was completed successfully, but the program won't open at all.

To try to fix the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled NAC Agent, and I've also tried to open the program in all the XP and Vista service pack combatibility modes, but none of them work.  They won't open the program at all.  Other people in my dorm have had this problem, but they are still operating on Vista.  Most people aren't having any problems with the internet at all.

Should I chalk this one up to my school sucks and they'll fix it, or what?  The internet is pretty important to a college student, and I can't live at my friend's house and use his internet for the rest of the semester...
Answer
Answer

Hello Thatonegirl,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

The program which you are trying to installed on the computer is not compatible for windows 7,

For more information,  please refer to the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx

Windows 7 is compatible with Cisco NAC appliance releases of 4.1.8, 4.5.1, 4.6.1.

For more information, please refer to the link below: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/qa_c67-561821.html

I would also suggest you to get in touch with Cisco to know whether the version of NAC Agent 4.7.1.15 is compatible with windows 7 and certified to be used.

I hope that this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any more questions about this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Mir - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer                                                               
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2020 Views 7,463 Applies to: