skype doesn't recognize my microsoft sign in details

After updating windows live messenger to skype .. the messenger got deleted and i was left with the new skype and after mergeing my accounts i tried to sign in using my microsoft account but then skype gave me an error massage "sorry, we don't recognize your sign in details. Please check your skype name and try again later" P.S : i'm using a windows 7 64 bit and when i tried tha same thing on another computer it worked fine so whats the problem with my computer??

Hi Safi,

Thank you for reaching out for help on Microsoft Community Forum.

From the issue description, it seems that you have issues logging in to Skype using the Microsoft Credentials.

Check the link provided below for information on How to sign in or sign up in Skype.

https://login.skype.com/account/signup-form

Also refer to the link which talks about creating Skype account along with Skype User name:

How do I create a Skype account?

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10184/how-do-i-create-a-skype-account

Also check, if you are able to log in to Microsoft Account using Internet Explorer.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

In case you need any more assitance regrading Windows feel free to post on Microsoft Community Forum.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,
and thanks for replying.. I checked the links that you provided and as it turns out i'm able to sign in to Skype website using my Microsoft account and i'm able to sign in to Microsoft using Internet Explorer 
and i had no problem signing in to the Skype app on my iphone using my Microsoft account, but the problem i'm having is with the Skype program (that's been installed after i updated the Windows Live Messenger) on my laptop.. It still gives me the massage: "sorry, we don't recognize your sign in details. Please check your Skype name and try again later"
I can only sign in to it with my Skype name and that doesn't make my Messenger contacts appear there.. Is there anything else i can do? and as i said i read in the forums that there are many people having the same problem but there've been no solution yet.
Please help

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Safi,

Thanks for replying.

Refer to the link provided below which talks about common issues during Sign in of Skype.

Connection problems

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA589/why-can-t-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-desktop?frompage=search&q=unable+to+signin+to+skype&fromSearchFirstPage=false

Hope the information helps!

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately this page no longer exists. I am able to login to the Skype websitw using my Microsoft account, but not the Skype app - login using facebook account does not work either, so a general authentication problem with the app. 

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Safi,

Thanks for replying.

Refer to the link provided below which talks about common issues during Sign in of Skype.

Connection problems

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA589/why-can-t-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-desktop?frompage=search&q=unable+to+signin+to+skype&fromSearchFirstPage=false

Hope the information helps!

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Thanks Safi, but this does not help.  The page is not found and the authentication error remains.  Thoughts?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue, here's two solutions on how to fix it:

First, try uninstalling Skype, then downloading and installing the newest version. Sign in with your ID (I've found that Skype is sometimes Case-Sensitive so check your sign in details). This should do it.

If that doesn't work, try option 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpM4osa1Iw

), which involves changing the serial number on your hard drive.... not sure why this works, but it seems to do the trick when the above option doesn't work.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2022 Views 10,864 Applies to: