I have a new Dell computer with Windows 7. I get the above message at each start up and I can close out of it and go on. Anyway to get rid of this message? THANKS
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
You can safely remove this error message by following these steps.
Method 1: Disable the startup item from loading.
Here’s how to access System Configuration Utility.
1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.
4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer.
5. Disable SupportSoft sprtcmd and click on the OK button.
6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
After restarting, does the startup item appear?
You may opt to remove the registry entry of the item from loading during startup from the registry.
Method 2: Remove the startup item from registry.
Here’s how you do it:
Important: This post contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. For information on how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
1. Go to registry editor by clicking on start and typing regedit.exe in the search field and selecting regedit.exe from the list.
2. Navigate to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Right-Click on the startup item and select delete.
4. When prompted, click on Yes.
That should help you in getting rid of the error message.