Receiving error message: InstallShield Wizard not responding, every time trying to install anything which uses Installer

Original title: InstallShield Wizard not responding

I have been having continual problems with my Installer on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit edition.

Every time I try and install anything which uses Installer, the program opens and starts to install and then hangs and I get the message InstallShield Wizard not responding.

I am currently trying to install Sage Payroll and am getting this continually.  I have contacted Sage who assure me that the software is fine.

I have tried disabling my Norton Anti-Virus programs and manually starting the Windows Installer service under Services.  I have also tried rebooting with only Microsoft services through msconfig. 

I have tried rebooting under Safe Mode and installing but Sage have now informed me that the software is unable to install under Safe Mode anyway.

Does anybody have any idea as to what I should do next?

Any help gratefully received,

Best regards,

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

1. What is the complete error message you are receiving?

2. Have you made any recent software or hardware changes on the system?

This may happen if the Windows installer is corrupted.

Since you are facing issue to install any of the programs, let’s refer to the article and try the Fixit and steps provided for Windows installer and installing Programs to fix the issue.

How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to perform clean boot in the section “Installing or updating programs in Windows may not have completed successfully”. If you choose the options, then you may refer to the step 6:”When you are finished troubleshooting the problem, restart the computer in Normal Startup mode” in the article to start the computer in Normal startup.

Hope the information helps.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Praseetha,

Many thanks for your reply.  In answer to your questions:

1: I don't receive an error message.  Basically, I get told that the Installshield Wizard is preparing to guide me through the rest of the process.  The green band below then moves from left to right (perhaps 80%), pauses, then drops back to about 60% and the message Installshield Wizard (Not Responding) appears above it.

2: I have made no software or hardware changes.  I have had this problem for approximately a year.

I have tried the Fixit on the page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300 which you posted.  I get an error message on this saying MatsBoot.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application.

I have done all this whilst disabling my Norton 360 Anti Virus and Firewall for 15 minutes.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Duncan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I might do next?  I am seriously stuck until I get this problem sorted.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Boot the computer in safe mode and perform a full computer virus scan.

Advanced startup options (including safe mode): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate virus if any.

Let us know if you need further help with any windows issue. We will be glad to help.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 11,755 Applies to: