Quickbooks does not install due to MSXML 4.0 Problems. Windows 7 problem???

Hello.

Just got a new HP DV6t QUAD with Windows 7, yesterday.  When trying to install quickbooks, it appears I am having a MSXML 4.0 problem.  Quickbooks will not install correctly as I receive an error message that says MSXML 4.0 file may not be working properly.  (I've tried deleting this program, re-installing it via the microsoft website, i've tried the SP3 version, I've deleting the program to let Quickbooks install it; however, none of these have worked)

Any ideas how I can fix this?

BTW, my business cannot run without this program, so my upgrade to Windows 7 has my business paralyzed at the moment.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Contact Intuit tech support . Perhaps your version of QuickBooks isn't supported in Win7. If it is, then the Intuit tech support people are the first ones who will know the answer about their program.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt answer.  However, I had already contacted Intuit support and they are telling me the problem is not in Quickbooks but in the problems with the MSXML 4.0.  He even did a remote takeover of my computer and tried for 3 hours to install MSXML 4.0 unsuccessfully.  They told me to contact HP, my computer manufacturer, and they were unable to help as well.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It would have been excellent to have known this in your first post so I wouldn't have wasted your time - and mine - with the answer I gave you. Since I don't know what you and Intuit tech support have already tried for 3 hours, all I can do is point you at this:

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Pages/KnowledgeBaseArticle/1011406

Use the Vista instructions for Win7.

Other than that, I'm sorry I was unable to help you. I've installed QuickBooks 2010 on several clients' new Windows 7 machines with no problem so I have no idea why it isn't working on yours.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Patrick,

I have exactly the same problem.  Intuit points fingers at the MSMXL 4.0 parser. Both QB2009 (not supported for Win7) and QB2010 (Win7 supported) report that the program won't load because it can't read a qbregistration.dat file.   The Vista workaround cited below does not work.  HOWEVER - I note that this issue only happens on a brand new HP e928t macnhine that came with OEM Win7.  I do not have this problem on a five year old Dell that was upgraded from Vista to Win7.

Summary: I wonder if this problem is actually an HP Win7 issue.

Like Patrick, my business is just about dead in the water until I can get my financial software up and running. 

David

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Stas1997,

I'm not sure if you're still having this problem. I was having it also... And I have a new Sony Vaio. I had to install MSXML 6.0.... after doing so, I re-installed Quickbooks Pro 2010 w/o any problem at all. You can find MSXML 6.0 on Microsoft's website... MSXML 4.0 support will expire this April anyway, so it'll be good to go ahead and upgrade. Hope this helps!!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I notice that Microsoft does not list Windows 7 as one of the compatible operating systems in MSXML 6.0 System Requirements.  I have the same issue with Quickbooks 2011.

This is a brand new Dell laptop with a fresh install of Windows 7.  I'm trying not to knacker the operating system and registry at this early point in it's life.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone.  Here is what I can tell from your posts... ...You all seem to have dual or quad core systems which usually have a 64bit os installed.  Here's the kick in the tocus... ...you need to have a fully 64bit version of xml parser installed.  MSXML 4.0 is a 32bit, not a 64, from what I can tell.  6.0 includes the 4.0 standards, and installs it correctly.  Does this make sense to you now?  Please let as many people know as possible that you need to have msxml 6 if you have a 64bit system and wish to run Quickbooks 2010 or 2011.  Have a nice day.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, but you're wrong. 

MSXML 4 will run in 32bit environment on 64bit machine. 

I know, I had a machine with win7 x64 running QB Enterprise 10 perfectly.  It got a virus and then the MSXML 4 went south.

I cannot reinstall quickbooks even after doing everything mentioned here and on the QB site.  Ive tried MSXML 4 and 6 to no avail. 

Intuit is the worst.  They can't support their own products. I've been in this industry for 20+ years and I can tell you that Intuit and Adobe both suck A55!  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same problem.  I have spent HOURS with Intuit staff that I can't even understand to no avail.  Then I had to spend money to get my computer fixed and restored due to all of the problems re-installing quickbooks 2011 over and over again did - let alone now I can't even use the quickbooks 2011 software.  What a waste of money and time!!!  I am not very impressed with Quickbooks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Spent three days dealing with this BS.  This is the answer.  http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/SLN41780.   Save your files to an outside drive, let this program fix your msxml and a host of other issues that will pop up and then restore your files.  Super easy to do if you have the CD to install with.  Oh and put your CD in BEFORE running this.  Worked so fast I was furious I wasted three days.  I do not know why intuit doesnt state this is the answer for msxml problems.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2023 Views 10,851 Applies to: