problems with flixster

I know Flixster is not a Microsoft product but I just cant make it run on my laptop anymore. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled more than once. Initially it just didn't run after being clicked, no errors showed up yet the process was there in task manager CPU 00 63mb used. Now after a few reinstalls I get application cannot be started and this is the details why. I am not a computer whizz so can someone decipher this please.  This is the desktop app and not from the web                                                          PLATFORM VERSION INFO
 Windows    : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
 Common Language Runtime  : 4.0.30319.18408
 System.Deployment.dll   : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
 clr.dll    : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
 dfdll.dll    : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
 dfshim.dll    : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
 Deployment url   : file:///C:/Users/steve/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start%20Menu/Programs/Flixster/Flixster.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flixster\Flixster.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
 No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
 There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
 * [17/01/2014 07:20:14] : Activation of C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flixster\Flixster.appref-ms| has started.
 * [17/01/2014 07:20:14] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [17/01/2014 07:20:14] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
  - The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4)
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.

I have a Surface 1 and I'm trying to download movies onto it from flixster using windows 8 but it doesn't want to let me. I have the app and the redeem code for it but it keeps saying," This app can't run on you pc." to find apps for this pc, open the windows store which I have done and I still cant download the movie I want onto me surface. I'm only able to watch it on flixster and I don't always have access to the internet to watch it on flixster. what can I do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 7, 2019 Views 494 Applies to: