photoshop got deleted when reinstalling windows

hi, i bought my packard bell easynote in 2009 and it came with the full version of adobe photoshop elements (-- it even has a sticker on the laptop saying so)
but then somthing went wrong with some network drives to i took it to PC  World and they said to reinstall windows, so i did.
and then my laptop was fine and everything was how i got it from new, but i was missing photoshop elements!

does anyone know how to get photoshop back? or have i managed to loose it forever? 
surely my laptop has a software license or somthing to have the software in the first place?

thanks. 
Answer
Answer
hi john,

i looked further into that link, and i found the same information but for an acer laptop, and i got a result from 'recovery manager' and i then went into restore applications but there was no photoshop. 
thanks anyway 

If Photoshop was installed when you first logged onto your new machine then, by rights, it should be part and parcel of the original image. Therefore, theoretically, by returning your PC back to factory conditions the original copy of photoshop should have been re-installed.

You specifically asked The Tech Guys whether you 'were going to loose photoshop' Presumably they said 'No you will not' In that case where is it? I thin oyu need to contact The Tech Guys again and tell them that you have returned your PC back to factory conditions and Photoshop is 'not' installed. It was when you purchased the laptop, but it isn't now, so please can you tell me where Photoshop has disappeared to and how can I get it back.

If Photoshop is not part and parcel of the original image then it must have been installed 'after' the image was created and, as such, a separate CD containing Photoshop should have been supplied. I think PC World needs to ascertain, from Acer. exactly what the procedure is for you to regain the copy of Photoshop you original had on your machine.

In Walts reply below he suggests using a 'trial version.' to replace the one that has 'disappeared.' My only concern here is that the product key number on the base of your machine for Photoshop is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) key, not a retail key. While you could try it, you may have problem using an OEM key on an application download which is 'techncially' a retail version. This is only 'my opinion' I haven't personally tried it so if it does work then I am obviously wrong in my assumption, for which I apologies in advance.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

John Barnett MVP: Windows XP Associate Expert: Windows Expert - Consumer:www.winuser.co.uk |vistasupport.mvps.org |xphelpandsupport.mvps.org |www.silversurfer-guide.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello Wadey,

Did you not make a set of recovery discs when you first used your laptop?

There are two options for re-installing:

1/ You were supplied with a Windows Operating System DVD, or;

2/ You have a hidden partition on your hard drive which contains the opertaing system (and accessories) image.

If you re-installed via option 1 then you have completely wiped your hard drive to install the Windows Operating system. If, on the other hand, you re-installed by a 'recovery partition' (a hidden partition on your hard drive) this should have returned your PC back to factory conditions and you should have everything installed that came with the laptop when you first purchased it.

Personally you would get more sense out of a child than you would out of PC World. Why suggest re-installing the operating system when your problem may simply have been the need to replace a network driver? Still re-installing is the easy option and it saves the support people having to spend time actually doing what they are supposed to do, which is troubleshoot.

Click on this link: http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download and select Notebook followed by your notebook model. When your model appears click on the Application tab and see if a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements is available for download. You used to be able to download any application that came with your PC directly from the manufacturers website but it seems now that many manufacturers are only supplying 'drivers' for the relevant machines.

If a download is not available try emailing Packard Bell Techncial Support (Now part of the Acer group) and ask their advice. It m,aybe that they can supply you with a copy, but they may charge you for this service. It costs you nothing just to ask.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

John Barnett MVP: Windows XP Associate Expert: Windows Expert - Consumer: www.winuser.co.uk | vistasupport.mvps.org |xphelpandsupport.mvps.org |www.silversurfer-guide.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2021 Views 3,771 Applies to: