PATH variable shows only Path=C:\Windows\system32\NV;.;

When I type echo %PATH%, my PATH variable shows only Path=C:\Windows\system32\NV;.; I checked the PATH variable in the Environment settings in the control panel. It has the complete path with includes to system root and other paths to executables. There are no errors in PATH variable - no additional spaces or invalid characters. 

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise x86_64

Question Info

Last updated January 2, 2019 Views 5,194 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

The part of the path you posted does look correct - check that in the Environment
as I did to see it has clean notation (probably not the issue however it has to be
checked).

Check with the developers of the program as they have to be doing something to the
path. Possibly the lenght of the path statement is causing an issue.

You could try setting the path you need, or add to the path you have as needed, by
using a bat file with the path called for then starting the program.

Such as :
Path=%path%;C:\The\;C:\needed;C:\additions
Console2

You can save the old path and revert back to it or use an IF statement in the bat file
to check to see if the path has already been changed so it is not added again. Those
are in case you close and restart the program and the Path did not clear back to as
it was.

Hope this helps.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.