Question

Page not found: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/back-up-your-files

rebelR asked on

Difficult to understand why unable to access this file because I have done so heretofore.

No info as to what to do to enable backup via Microsoft program as opposed to Dell or Todo, or others.

Will appreciate help.  Thank you.

RO
RO
3 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Helpster replied on

Hi RO

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I relied yesterday, but it apparently it didn't go through.

So maybe you just need to reset your Homepage. Just go to your My MSN homepage. Then click the little black down-arrow next to the House icon and select Add or Change your Home Page. Choose the top option, Use this page as your only homepage. This should make sure that it is reset to open to your correct Home Page.

You can also open more than one Tab/page when you open IE. Just open new tabs to locations that you always go to and then choose the second option to save the tab group.

Let me know if this helps

Mark <> Microsoft Partner
2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Helpster replied on

Hi,

No worries RO! You we all learn something everyday on computers!

So F5 simply re-downloads the website you are on. (The F5 is a command that is common for Internet Explorer and other Internet Browsers as well.) If the address is incorrect, then you will still get a 'page not found' message. If you have a corrupted cache, it will redownload the information, which should display the up-to-date web page. Additionally, the F5 refresh is identical to the little up and down arrow icon to the right of the address bar.
F5 can perform other actions when within other programs.

For MY.MSN to work, it needs to be (my.msn.com). You need to have the 'Domain type' listed is it is an integral part of the full address. (com, net, org, info, gov, etc.)

I hope that helps!

Mark <> Microsoft Partner
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress