NGStudio has stopped working

Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate.

Trying to open as a user, I get the message "NGStudio has stopped working"

with a box "close"

However this problem does not appear when opening the program as an Administrator.

Is this Normal?

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2019 Views 11,505 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Ashok,

As the program runs correctly when you open it as an administrator, it requires administrative permissions to function.

Refer to the suggestions from the following to configure Applications to Always Run as an Administrator
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

Hope the above information is helpful.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Here is what I have found that worked. Some laptop computers have 2 video cards in them, one is a low power card for things like internet or low power programs, the other is for high end programs that require more memory, On some laptops they will switch automatically to low power If running on battery power to save power.  I was having the "NGStudio is not working" error until I held down the 'function key (FN) and pressed the F7 key', This switched my laptop to the high power video card and now my programs run perfect.  You will want to check to see if your computer has 2 video cards in it, and experiment by holding the "Function key (FN) and pressing the F7 key", on your computer it may be another F key so try them all until you see a message come up about the video card.  I really hope this helps.

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.