"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

When I open my computer, I always have this message before opening any sort of program or browser :
 "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. 

I am not able to see which program causes this. Also, this started appearing when Windows installed an update of Visual C++
Also, I noticed that I have many different versions of this program installed on my computer. 17  with different years such as 2005, 2008 and 2010.
How do I prevent this error from appearing each time I open my laptop?
Thank you.
original title: Micrisoft Visual C++ runtime error

Question Info

Last updated August 15, 2018 Views 21,822 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

What is the make and model of the computer?

Try these steps.

Method 1.

Boot the computer in clean boot and check if the issue occurs. Setting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow Step 7 in the provided link to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2.

This error may occur due to a program using Visual C++.

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall the package:

a. Open Programs and Features.

b. From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.

c. Click Uninstall at the top of the list.

Step 2: Download and install the latest package to see if it helps.

Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en

Method 3.

You may try to run System File Checker (SFC scan). The System File Checker tool to determine whether the issue that you are experiencing is caused by one or more system files that are used by Windows Vista, The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions. 

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box. 

b. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

c. Type “sfc /scannow “without quotes and then press ENTER.

Refer this article.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.