• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Microsft Office 2007 on Windows 7 and how to Activate already-bought Office after installing Windows 7

kamaratana asked on

Hi,

I was wondering after I do a clean install of Windows 7, how can I retrieve my Office 2007 back?  I do have the product key, but won't it say that I have used it on too many different PCs?  How can I get my Office 2007 to be fully activated on Windows 7 after I install it on my PC?

Thank you!

4 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Mark L. Ferguson replied on

I don't know that. The Product Key may be enough. Any copy will do, if you can borrow the set. There is a trial download, and your key will probably convert that to a good version. You will have to try it to know.
Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson (former MVP)
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress