Is DriverPack Solutions safe?

Is it safe to use?

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2019 Views 24,863 Applies to:

​Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forum.
From the problem description, I see that you want to know if DriverPack Solutions website is safe to use or not.
To let you know, using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

You may refer the links for additional information.

Security zones: adding or removing websites
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/Security-zones-adding-or-removing-websites

Change Internet Explorer Security settings
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-Internet-Explorer-Security-settings

Hope this information helps you. If you need any further assistance or information, I will be glad to help you. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This answers nothing and is purely and quite visibly a copy/paste answer.. Seriously.

To OP (I know this is a late answer but who gives?).

We use DPS at my workplace, it has passed Windows Verified Developer and is safe to use. It changes OEM information on your computer though, which is not a good thing. But it does what it is supposed to do.

In any case, I would either write unattends or scripts for the computers you have, and if you want to use this software on your own computer (single use). I recommend to just get the drivers off of the manufacturers sites. It's really not that bothersome in the end.

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have used this program half an hour ago. 

1. The program has installed the missing drivers - Yes, it did.

2. The DriverPack solution has also installed Opera and Mozilla browser - I have no issue with it because you can uninstall it.

3. CMD automatically opened by itself - This has never happened until I have used this program.

3 - My Antivirus program has blocked a virus, which was infecting a file - Yes, it has never happened before. 

Overall, I recommend you not to use it without creating a restore file & Antivirus program.  

124 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.