Internal error 2753. ZNSLReg.exe

Has anyone come across a solution when dealing with MSinstaller Scansoft Paperport 11 - Internal error 2753. ZNSLReg.exe? Ms Installer also comes up when I open MS Word 2010, I guess as it's trying to install the add-ons.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and Office 2010 32 bit.

Thx in advance!
Louie

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 237 Applies to:

Hi Louie,

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1.       What is the complete error message?

2.       Have you made any hardware or software changes on the computer prior to the issue?

Let’s try out these methods and check if the issue reoccurs:

Method 1: As the issue is specific to MSiinstaller Scansoft Paperport 11, you may uninstall and reinstall the program the check if that make any difference.

Uninstall or change a program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/uninstall-or-change-a-program

Method 2: I would also suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Hope this information helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your assistance Imran!

Initially, this laptop was purchased with Windows 7 Home but I installed Windows 7 Pro SP1 for enterprise use. In addition, I've downloaded the latest drivers from HP.

The complete error message is: Internal error 2753. ZNSLReg.exe

Event view Application error message is: MSinstaller Scansoft Paperport 11 - Internal error 2753. ZNSLReg.exe
Event ID: 10005

I've already tried Method 1 and continue to get the same results. Method 2 wouldn't apply to this scenario for it's a brand new laptop out of the box.
Louie

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Louie,

You may try the Microsoft Fixit mentioned in the following link and check.

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

Note: Make sure you run the Fixit for installing program and chose all the programs for the patch while running this Fixit.

Hope this information helps.

Sorry this didn't help.