How to Install .net framework 1.1 in Windows 7 64-bit?
This has been known forever, from Vista through to Windows 7.
The solution to it is simple, and was posted on mydigitallife website ages ago (do a search for "mydigitallife net 1.1").
Otherwise here is a a copy/paste to install .Net 1.1 and SP1 into Vista or Win7 (32 or 64 bit).
- Create a new folder named DotNetin C:\ drive (C:\DotNet is used in this guide, you can change to any folder you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps).
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe ). Make sure the setup file is saved asdotnetfx.exe .
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe ). Make sure that the file is renamed and saved asdotnetfxsp1.exe , so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.
- Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet), if you’re not saving them together.
- Open command prompt as Administrator .
- Change to the directory where the two installation setup files for .NET 1.1 are saved (i.e. C:\DotNet).
- Run the following commands one by one, press Enter after each one.
- dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"
- Then click on “Yes” when prompted to answer “would you like to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Package?”
- dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
- msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
Install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed/integrated Service Pack 1 by running netfx.msi created in the working folder.
Here's the sequence to install .NET Framework 1.1, Service Pack 1 and patches on Windows 7 if your application requires .NET 1.1 runtime.
dotnetfx.exe (Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe /Q /L:c:\Net11-sp1-KB867460.log
NDP1.1sp1-KB891865-X86.exe /Q /L:c:\Net11-sp1-KB891865.log
NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /Q /L:c:\Net11-sp1-KB886903.log
All the .NET Framework versions can live side by side. Microsoft .NET 1.1 extended support retied on 10/8/2013
Hope this help.