Question

Q: Win7/Vista - after dual booting I cannnot find Microsoft Office Suite This thread is locked from future replies

I have set up a Win 7 dual boot on my laptop which had Vista Home. The C drive has vista along with all my programs including Microsoft Office suite 2003 and 2007.
When in Win 7  I can find and use some programs eg Picassa, Photofiltre, but I cannot even see the Microsoft Office Suites, they are not listed under All Programs on the C drive.
I have tried copying a shortcut to Word (in Vista) on the Win7 desktop folder, but it tells me when I click that I can only use shortcuts on programs that are installed?
As I teach seniors computer I need to be able to access the Office Suites from Win7 is there any way this can be achieved?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer

A:

You're welcome, Mike.   Dual-boot systems don't automatically share programs.

The Microsoft Software License Terms (MSLT) for the 2007 Microsoft Office System should answer your licensing question.  I'm not a Microsoft employee or a lawyer, so I won't try to interpret them.
Owner, Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Steve Winograd

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

You have to explicitly install Microsoft Office in Windows 7 to use it in Windows 7.  The installation process will add the Office programs to the All Programs menu.
Owner, Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Steve Winograd

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 429 Last updated: November 23, 2017 Applies to: