Question

Q: I tried to go to Programs and Features to uinstall a program on my laptop running Windows 7 home premium and it won't open.How do I fix the problem?

This is the error message I am getting: OptionalFeatures.exe-System Error The program can't start because appwiz.cpl is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Please help.Thank you

I tried to uninstall a program and  it wouldn't open the window in add/remove programs and I got this message on Windows 7 please help.Where do I get this download?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi DanaAbshire,

·         Which program you are trying to uninstall?

·         Did you make any recent changes on the computer?

·         Which windows you are referring to in Program & Features?

If you are not able to open Program & Features in Windows 7, you may run system file checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Type ‘cmd’ in the Start Search box. Right click on cmd in the Program list and then select the option Run as administrator.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For more information refer this link.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Hope the information helps.

Please post back and let us know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,612 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: