How do I fix error code 80004005 on Windows live Messenger

After the Live essentials installer locked up during the installation process, resulting in the live messenger etc not being installed correctly I have not been able to run Messenger on my computer. Since the installation went funny I there is no Windows Live Essentials removal available in programs and the setup file says that Live Essentials is installed and won't uninstall or let me reinstall to fix the install. After several months I tried the setup again and it updated my "installed MSN" and I am now able to open Messenger but it it produces error code 80004005 and I haven' t been able to find anything helpful with a google search.

I can click troubleshoot however all those tests pass without a problem and my Messenger then is stuck with various things grayed out (such as the sign in button) and the program must then be restarted in order to try to log in again.

I think there are various files missing so a reinstall may fix my problem but I do not know where to begin to uninstall messenger without the removal option in programs. Is anyone able to give me the steps to do this manually or a free utility that will do the job for me.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 513 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

1.     Is the issue confined to Windows Live Messenger?

2.     Did you make any recent changes to the system?

3.     Are you able to install other programs on your system?

Uninstall and Re-install.

I would suggest you to follow the link mentioned below and run the fix it tool and uninstall the Live Messenger and then check if you can install it.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

If still the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in Windows Live Solution Center for better support

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=2

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.