Hibernate button is missing

I have Windows 7, and the hibernate button is missing from the start menu. 
I also did the command in administrator, "powercfg -h on", but still, the hibernate button is missing. Is there another way to make it show up?

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2019 Views 38,326 Applies to:
Answer

Extract from Help page might, well, help: 

Why can't I find the sleep or hibernate options on my computer?

Click the Start button , and then click the arrow next to the Shut down button.

Sleep and Hibernate located on the menu

If sleep or hibernate aren't available, it might be for one or more of the following reasons:

• Your video card might not support sleep. Update the driver for your video card, or check the information that came with your computer about your video card and supported drivers. For more information, see Update drivers: recommended links.

• Some settings are managed by your system administrator. For more information, see Why won't Windows allow me to change a system setting?

• Sleep and other power-saving states are turned off in your computer's basic input/output system (BIOS). To turn on sleep, restart your computer, and then enter the BIOS setup. As your computer starts, instructions typically appear on the screen that indicate which key or keyboard shortcut you must press to enter the BIOS setup process. Because not all computer manufacturers use the same BIOS, different keys are assigned for this purpose. To learn more, check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer’s website.

• If the hibernate option is missing, you might have hybrid sleep turned on.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.