Error on Startup for libxml2.dll

How do i fix error "the procedure entry point xmltextreaderconstname could not be located in the dynamic library libxml2.dll?
Answer
Answer

Hi all

In case that your OS is Windows 7 (64 bit) and you have got the message as the following:

AppleSyncNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure enrty point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll

1. Open windows explorer, go to location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

2. Copy file "libxml2.dll"

3. Open new windows explorer, to to location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

4. Paste file "libxml2.dll" to the location.

5. Reboot your computer, it should not display those message, it should be clear.

One more information, I've to used iTune for long time ago without any problem, but first of the message to appeared, that is after I've to remove Kaspersky Anti Virus then Install the new Anti Virus, that is Panda Anti Virus 2011.

However, right now, I'm still used Panda Anti Virus at this time.

Cheer!

Santi

Back to the basic.
Santi

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I cannot locate the libxml2.dll file. It si no longer there. How do I get a copy back?

Thank you!

Hi jp, I'll try to help. Obviously I don't know what you have done in the meantime that the libxml2.dll disappeared from your programs. But if you know you had this file a few days ago, then what you could do is a system restore to a date when you last had it, then if necessary copy it again from the Application Support Folder to your Mobile Device Support folder. It might be an idea to paste a copy on to your desktop so you always have one if you think it's likely it will disappear again.

Before you do the above it might be an idea to type libxml2.dll into your 'search' (files and folders) by your start button, then click on 'Search Everywhere', which will will bring up all locations on your computer where this file is found. Not only Apple has this file but you are interested in any Apple files that might contain it. If so then just directly paste it from whichever Apple file it's in to both the Application Support and Mobile Device Support folders if they're not there already.

If neither of these methods work then you will need to completely remove all Apple programs, reboot, and reinstall. I suggest if you're going to do this that you refer to this page to do it properly Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

Let me know how you get on.

Good Luck

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2020 Views 64,929 Applies to: