Error 1324. The path My Pictures contains an invalid character when removing VZ Access Mgr.

Originalt title: error 1324. The path My Pictures contains an invalid character. I get this message when I try to remove a program. I am trying to remove an old version of VZ Access Mgr. Please help me with this problem. Thank you.

error message 1324 the path my pictures contains an invalid character. Fatal error during installation.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2018 Views 10,754 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Kurt wolfe,

This happens due to incorrect shell folder value type, or due to incorrect data in the registry. To resolve the problem, fix the My Pictures Shell folder paths in the registry accordingly. The default values are given in a tabular column in the following article. There is also a REG fix available in the following page:

Windows stores the location of per-user special folders under the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders

Microsoft has a Fix-It solution that fixes most of the shell folder paths (both per-user and per-machine shell folders) automatically. You can download the fix from.

You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/886549 

Note: The error message may differ, but you may give a try and check if the issue gets fixed. 

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.