error 1305-Error reading from file

I can't install Adobe Reader XI patch 11.0.02.

Windows 7

ERROR 1305 -Error reading from file C;:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\20db887e,msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I haven't tried to un-install Adobe Reader.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2019 Views 6,377 Applies to:

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community. As per the description you are unable to install Adobe Reader XI patch 11.0.02 and get error 1305. Provide the following information:

·         Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

·         Is the issue confined to Adobe Reader?

I will help you with this issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps from the article.

Error 1305 when you try to install an Adobe product (Windows)

For reference:

How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello -

Hopefully you've had some success on getting the updates installed.  I encountered this same error when trying to upgrade the adobe reader.  Same syntax and all, but the path name was a little longer and it was trying to access the AcroRead.msi file.  Trial and error and going through various possible solutions (running as Admin, running under a different user, re-downloading the entire install package, etc) the solution, at least in my case was to locate the installation folder where this file is contained.  This basically is your entire "Setup" folder per say for Reader itself.  Select the folder, and copy the folder and all it's contents, to another directory, in my case, I just copied it directly to my desktop.  I then opened that folder, and ran the Setup.exe file.  And... That's all she wrote... installation went without a hitch.... !!

Hope this helps....

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello -

Hopefully you've had some success on getting the updates installed.  I encountered this same error when trying to upgrade the adobe reader.  Same syntax and all, but the path name was a little longer and it was trying to access the AcroRead.msi file.  Trial and error and going through various possible solutions (running as Admin, running under a different user, re-downloading the entire install package, etc) the solution, at least in my case was to locate the installation folder where this file is contained.  This basically is your entire "Setup" folder per say for Reader itself.  Select the folder, and copy the folder and all it's contents, to another directory, in my case, I just copied it directly to my desktop.  I then opened that folder, and ran the Setup.exe file.  And... That's all she wrote... installation went without a hitch.... !!

Hope this helps....

Thanks I will try this!

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't install Adobe Reader XI patch 11.0.02.

Windows 7

ERROR 1305 -Error reading from file C;:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\20db887e,msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I haven't tried to un-install Adobe Reader.

hello

this problem is again repeating in Nov16

on trying several 100s of times installing few softwares (msi installer) from a folder called -\\SOFTWAREZ16,  I've failed miserably all times....

I'm in DESPERATE LOOKOUT for any Microsoft Fixes on this issue

is there anything available ??
or mention how to troubleshoot -if nothing is left.

thanks in advance

Few things that worked later on:

(Later on: checked that copying msi installer files outside of any folders to the 'top' drive, installation happens without a hitch) --this cannot be a good solution & I believe there is a simple fix for that, just som troubleshoots away...BUT WAITING DESPERATELY FOR EXPERT HELP !!

---practice, think, be humble, then practice again

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

For possible resolution regarding the error, you can run a clean boot on your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Copying the files to some other folder (with permissions to access/run files) solved my problem. I copied the entire disk to the root of a disk partition (say D drive).

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.