Error 0x80004005 burning download to DVD on Parallels WIndows 7 Home Premium

Under Microsoft Software Assurance, have downloaded Office 2010 but can't burn to DVD-error code 0x80004005. Suspect cause is either version of Windows 7 i.e. Home Premium and/or that the Windows 7 Operating System resides on Parallels Desktop (i.e. Mac). Any solutions?
|

Hi CarylBrandt,

-       Which program are you using to burn the DVD?

-       Do you have any third-party burning software installed?

Follow the methods listed below:

Method 1:

Run the Blu-ray disc troubleshooter and see if that fixes the issue.

See Open the Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Bluray Discs troubleshooter for instructions.

Also see:

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

Method 2:

Run the automated troubleshooting that automatically diagnoses and repairs problems with your CD or DVD drive when trying to read or burn media.

See Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We have no third party software for burning, The problem seems to be only with downloading / burning from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site and, perhaps, because this is a Windows 7 Premium Home OS residing on Parallels (e.g. a Mac). Other files etc. will burn, no problem.

The same files I’ve found (through trial & error) will download & burn from the other office computer (a PC with the same Windows 7 Premium Home OS) – and the Parallels Windows has been able to open those DVDs!

(And, I didn't want to vote Yes for this answer but can't seem to undo the accidental click)

4-H Manitoba
(non-profit youth organization)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would believe the error you are receiving is because the operating system you are running is on a Windows 7 Home Premium system. Microsoft Volume LIcensing is for Small, Medium and Large Organizations to make it easier and more affordable to run software on multiple computers within an organization.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to download and burn the software on another other office laptop that also has Windows 7 Home Premium, so that would not seem likely to be the source of the problem. I still suspect that the Parallels might be causing the error?
4-H Manitoba
(non-profit youth organization)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 344 Applies to: