Completely Remove AVG safeguard toolbar

Removed avg add-on from Internet Explorer/Mozilla but cannot remove the avg safeguard toolbar from Programs in Windows7. Does any one have any ideas? Typed config that took me to Net Frame, no go.  Thanks.  

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2018 Views 87,981 Applies to:
Answer
i had the same problem I tried the little thing that avg had to remove it but it didn't work but I managed to remove it at the by uninstall not remove it by registry. what I did (Firefox) was enable it and restart to have it work then I clicked on the down arrow on avg at the left side, it'll give you junk about rate, this and that. at the bottom or so, it should say remove or hide: click it then a window open to say to 'hide and disable it (recommended)' or 'uninstall'. click uninstall and restart. you may get a open browser saying 'sorry to see you leave'. by startup of firefox it should be gone. it worked for me when AVG was clueless about it. I hope it works for you

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
ADWcleaner got rid of this for me!  Took 12+ hours with Norton Antivirus reps who could not get this off my pc but ADW CLeaner did!  Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.