Comcast Constant Guard installation error "Unsupported version of Windows detected" after system recovery

Original Title: After restoring Windows 7 from the recovery disk I can't download Constant Guard from Comcast.  The error message is "An unsupport version of Windows was detected"

I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 7 and Explore 8.  After repairing Windows 7 from the recovery disk I am unable to install Constant Guard from Comcast with a message "Unsupported version of Windows detected".  After trying possible solutions suggested by Comcast technical support I was told to contact Microsoft or Samsung for a solution to my problem.  What should I check to see why the Constant Guard software does not recongize my version of Windows 7?  Before Windows 7 crashed I was using Constant Guard without an issue

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 383 Applies to:

Hi Gary,

This issue could be due to compatibility issues for the Comcast guard on the computer.

I would like to gather certain information related to this issue:

1)      Are you facing issues while using any other application on the computer?

2)      Do you receive the error message while downloading the application from the Comcast website or installing it on the computer?

I would suggest you to completely uninstall Comcast guard using the removal tool and then download or reinstall.

Follow the steps:

Step 1:

Refer to the link to use the removal tool to remove traces of Comcast constant Guard on the computer:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

Step 2:

Refer to the link to download the latest version of the application from Comcast website:

http://constantguard.comcast.net/norton-security-suite

Please let us know about the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are using IE8 it would appear that your PC is not up to date with Important Updates, which may have some baring on your problem.

Its also possible that your win7 repair/reinstall from recovery disk may well have reinstalled a Samsung provided Anti-virus trial version which prevents your other utility from installing

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for the suggestions.  In answer:

1)  No problems with other applications

2)  Error after choosing download and before download begins

3) I have removed the old version of Constant Guard using the removal tool and have been unable to install using the download link, still getting the same error message

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for the feedback.  I'm up to date with Win 7 and IE8 updates using Windows Updates in Programs.  I'm not sure where else to check for updates

If I have Samsung provided Anti-virus software I don't know where to look for it?  I do have Norton Suite provided free from Comcast.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for an update.

I would suggest you to try installing the security software in clean boot state and check if it helps.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer to the link to place the computer in clean boot state:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Follow the section “Windows 7 and Windows Vista”

You can follow the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot” to check for the application or program that is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135      

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue still persists, you can post the same query on Comcast community. Refer to the link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/bd-p/13

Please let us know if you have more queries on Windows.

Sorry this didn't help.