Can't install some programs- Can't create output file in user account AppData\Local\Temp

When I try to install a program (.exe) it runs winzip self-extractor which tries to create a file in Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\Temp\setup.exe

I just installed windows 7 and had this happen once or twice before this i think but i re-downloaded the file and tried again and it ended up working. Now when i try to install this program (Hava) it says it can't create the output file.

When i try to go to this location it doesn't even have the AppData Folder do i need to create this path first or is it a problem with the program? Any help is appreciated.
Touch Pro
|
Answer
Answer
Well, that could happen. Since WinZip SFX does have a small option for Overwrite without confirmation checkbox.

You can go ahead with deleting the existing setup.exe file from Temp folder as its no longer used by any program (hence its in the Temp folder)

What you can also try now is, since its opens a WinZIP Self Extracting Archive, you can manually try and manually specify where to extract the files before clicking on ok.

Once you do that, simply run setup.exe from the specified location.

40 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2021 Views 42,828 Applies to: