The uninstaller for Windows SDK 7.1 on Windows 7 Pro 64x SP1 is unable to access a file required to continue setup (this is what it states). I am actually attempting to uninstall the SDK.
The error I get is "Could not access network location 4.0". "Please ensure that your network connection is working correctly and retry setup to continue.
I read the release notes and I have already perform the following below...
3.2 How to Uninstall SDK Components
... However, a few shared components installed by the SDK may need to be uninstalled separately. This guide provides instructions for uninstalling those shared components.
To uninstall shared SDK components:
1. From the Start Menu, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs on pre-Vista OS's)
2. Select and remove the following entry:
· Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1) (the Windows SDK core-component files)
3. Remove the shared components. This list provides some of the components you may see. If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows you may see both 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64, IA-64) versions of the components listed:
· Application Verifier
· Debugging Tools for Windows
· Windows Performance Toolkit
· Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0
· Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
· Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Standard Edition
I still get the same message....
How do I fix this?