Cannot download iTunes for Windows 7 64-bit.

Iam trying to install ITUNES. I have Windows 7 .I am running 64-bit. I can not get ITUNES to download. It says it is incompatible. I tried version 9.02, anyone please help!!!

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2018 Views 684,592 Applies to:
Answer
When using a 64 Bit Version of Windows always try to get the 64Bit version Applications to ensure Full Compatibility and Stability.

iTunes also provides a 64Bit version.

Download iTunes 64Bit from : http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_64/

68 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello all,

If you are still having problems installing iTunes on Windows, then try the following:

I suggest you download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here.
You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Once you have opened the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, it will populate all of the programs installed on your computer by Windows Installer. Select iTunes and then click on the Remove button. It will remove any corrupt or incomplete iTunes files from your computer. Then remove Bonjour and QuickTime. They will both be installed again with iTunes.

NOTE: iTunes Store purchases or songs imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default and are not deleted by removing iTunes.

Then go to Apple.com and download the latest version of iTunes for 64-bit and try the installation again. You should now be successful in installing iTunes.

If you are still having problems, please refer to the Apple document support: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Hope this helps.

I'll check back frequently for any other questions.

Thanks,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

27 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.