Adobe Acrobat Reader Installation Error 1327: invalid drive mapped to a user folder

Trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows 8 so that I can do PDF Form fill in (which doesn't seem to work with the default Win8 Reader app). I get the following error from the Adobe Installer:

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\ mapped to a user folder. The drive does not exist or could not be connected. You can either disconnect the drive or reassign the drive letter. For details refer http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404946.html

I indeed have drive P:\ mapped to an Offline Folder on my corporate network. Following the instructions on the noted web site still doesn't allow installation.

Any ideas?

David

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 2,831 Applies to:
Answer

I know this post is very old, but it's the top google result when searching on this issue, so I thought a helpful response would be in order.  I too had this issue, but I discovered the problem to be the way I had my location set for My Documents, My Pictures, etc. 

Short answer, you need to use UNC paths for the mapping.

Longer answer - Like you, I have a home drive (in my case U:) mapped to my corporate network.  So, I can navigate to U:\Documents.  I had set the location of my documents (and other user folders) to U:\Documents, and although this was working for the most part it really isn't the right way to do it.  If you open your mapped drive in file explorer, the title bar of the window will show you the UNC patch.  It will look something like this: yourUsername (\\servername\home$).  Set the location of your My Documents etc. to match - for instance, to \\servername\home$\yourUsername\Documents

Note that you can't just change the My Documents - you need to fix all your user folders that point to a network drive letter (C:\Users\blah blah... is fine) using the UNC path format instead.  Then re-run the acrobat install and you should be golden.  If any of the above doesn't make sense to you, or you don't have the required privileges on your workstation, talk to your IT resource and they'll be able to sort it out for you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.