Question

Q: I'm trying to scan in legal size docs. with my printer/scan/fax machine. The scan fax application in windows 7 doesn't show a paper size option for legal size paper.

I have a new HP with Windows 7.  I'm trying to scan in legal size docs. with my printer/scan/fax machine.  The scan fax application in windows 7 doesn't show a paper size option for legal size paper.  I could perform this operation on my old XP computer.  Did microsoft forget to add legal size parameters in this application?

Answer

A:

Hello notnewbee,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

You didn't give the model of your printer/scanner/fax machine so I can't direct you to the specifc manufacturer website. However, I would suggest
that you go to the manufacturer website of your printer and download the most current drivers for Windows 7. Sometimes if you use a driver that is not meant for your operating system, then your device may function and install but some of the features may not work.

If they don't have a updated driver, then try compatibilty mode for Windows XP and see if your printer will function correctly.
The information below will show you how you can make older programs run on Windows 7 here.

Please reply back and let us know if this helps to resolve your issue or if you still need assistance.

Sincerely,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 13,760 Last updated: June 28, 2018 Applies to: