XP Mode in Windows 7 64bit - Is it 64bit or 32bit?

I am planning on purchasing Win 7 Pro & installing the 64-bit version. I intend to make use of the "XP Mode" feature IF I can install 32-bit printer drivers within the XP mode, as my photo printers have no 64-bit drivers.

I currently edit my photography on a Win XP Pro 64-bit PC, which is networked to a Win XP Pro 32-bit PC in order to print images.

I need to know if "XP Mode" is 32-bit - even when installed with the 64-bit version of Win 7 Pro. I want to be able to convert/edit my photos in Win 7 64-bit, then print these images using "XP Mode" via the 32-bit drivers I intend to install in XP Mode - All from the same PC. Is this do-able?

Thanks for any answers.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 2,670 Applies to:
Answer
XP Mode is 32-bit, whether the host is 32 or 64-bit.

XP Mode is basically XP SP3. XP Mode only has access to USB and serial (COM) ports and is limited to 16-bit graphics display.

You can send the files to a shared folder and then print from that folder in XP Mode.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer
XP Mode is 32-bit - even when installed with the 64-bit version of Win 7 Pro.  You can install 32-bit printer drivers in XP Mode.

If the photo printer is connected to another XP PC on the network, you can print to it from XP Mode.

Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Steve Winograd

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.