Question

Q: Microsoft Office 2007 programs do not appear in the Default Programs list

Hey there - I'm having some weird stuff going on -

I have both OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Office 2007 installed on my Windows 7 computer and I would like to use Microsoft Office as the default for all files it can open but it does not appear in the Default Programs list. 

In fact, except for Microsoft Office Outlook, none of my Microsoft Office 2007 applications appear in the Default Programs list!

OpenOffice.org DOES appear, and when I click on it in the list and click Choose defaults for this program many of the defaults are already set to the equivalent Microsoft Office application.  But there are some associations (such as Text Files) that are not correctly associated, and possibly others that I don't know about.  I'd like to click on Microsoft Word and then click Set this program as default so that it will automatically open all the files it can.   

I appreciate any assistance you might be able to offer. 

- Nico from NYC

Answer

A:

Nico

If you click all programs above the Orb in the list you will find Microsoft Office 2007 click on the folder and it will open to reveal word, excel etc. You can right click on word etc and choose pin to start menu or for that matter task bar. I pin then on the start menu for convenience.

Regards

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,221 Last updated: April 21, 2018 Applies to: