Can not open 64 bit Adobe programs on Windows 7?

I bought a new Dell xps 8100 64 bit machine. Then I installed my Adobe CS4 and Lightroom 2. Neither one will open. I am getting run around from Dell and Adobe techs. Both says its the others problem. Both want me to spent an additional 200 dollars, for software help, after spending 1000 on computer and 1400 for adobe products. I have used both on my old win xp system with no problems ever. Now buy this great new high tech computer, 64 bit, and now can not use either program. Has anyone else experience a problem with this issue? If so, have you resolved it? Please help if you can. I have already spent over 5 hours on teephone between the two companies since I received my new computer 3 days ago. HELP.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2018 Views 414 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

Aero is the transparent border around the Windows when you open explorer.    The transparency that makes it look like you are looking through foggy glass.  That is Aero.  To disable it right click on the desktop and select Personalize.  There choose any theme that is not Aero Based.  They are labeled as Basic and High Contrast Themes.  Try using one of those to launch your Adobe products.  You can also try to right click and select the Run as Admin option as well.

Regards,
Alex T.
~Windows Desktop Experience MVP 2007-2010~
Regards,
Me
Irrelevant by choice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.