HELP ! Can't reinstall Win Live Mail.

After Windows Live Mail said it could not open the data base because it had moved (I had not moved it) I thought I would fix the problem by uninstalling it, then reinstalling it. What a pain! The installer for Windows live says I already have Mail installed and there is no option to reinstall. I have now deleted all files that I can find relating to Win live but the installer still says I have all the programs related to Win live installed, I have done registry scans, virus checks, spyware checks etc. & definitely have a clean machine. Clearly there is still some remnant of the program that tells the installer that the program is installed.
This is ridiculous, I have wasted a whole day trying to fix this problem & have as a consequence lost a lot of very important emails, & have had to download another email client so I can get emails. I want my live mail back!
What do I have to do to clear the remnant file that is causing the problem?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 645 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Rickerstickers.

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

I would suggest you use the Windows Installer Clean up tool that you can download
here. You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Then if that doesn't help, I suggest you contact the support for Windows Live Mail for assistance.

http://windowslivehelp.com/

They should be able to help with your issue on Windows Live Mail.

Thanks,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.