Found a solution to Alt Tab not working

This is not a question but a solution that took me about a month to find.  Consistently found Alt Tab to change programs would not work, and when I hovered over the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, the postage stamp image of the application would flash on once then disappear.  Sometimes I could just not get an open application to maximise.

Usually use my HP laptop at a workstation but when using it in another location noticed the problem had disappeared.  Figured there was something about the workstation.  Tried back at the workstation and through a process of trial and error found it was a Logitech Skype USB Speaker Phone.  It is a fairly old model - maybe 2007 - which I got as a freebee when I purchased a PC.  It doesn't seem to like Windows 7.  Unplugged it and there is no further problem.

Hope this helps someone else.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 14,206 Applies to:
Answer
We all love the good old Alt + Tab feature of Windows to quickly switch between opened windows. Though Windows Vista and Windows 7 provide Flip 3D feature to switch between opened windows, most users still love the Alt + Tab feature.

If you regularly use the Alt + Tab feature, then here is a small utility to fine tune it. Alt + Tab Tuner is a small tool to tweak Alt + Tab settings with ease.

With Alt + Tab Tuner one can tweak Alt + Tab margins, thumbs grid, spacing, icon shift and size, thumbs size, and transparency. On top of that, it also allows you switch to the old Alt + Tab dialog.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.