Question

Q: Custom Install left 2 program files (Program Files and Program Files x86)

Custom install from Windows Vista HP 32 bit to Windows 7 HP 64 bit leave 2 program files - "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86).  Mostly same files in either folder.  If x86 is needed, I don't mind but why duplcate entries with items like Windows Mail.  I tried to to delete Program Files x86 without any success, and I would like to delete sys32 files in the windows folder plus any other 32 bit related items, if possible. I do not want a system with duplicate and redundant files.  Because two items that I downloaded and installed appear in both program files, I'm suspending any further actions on the installation until I'm fortunate enough to receive some help and/or advice from this forum.  Thanks

Answer

A:

Hello Pejuson,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

Firstly, I would suggest you do not delete any files from the computer, let me explain to you, how it works, as I understand that you perform a custom installation from windows vista 32 bit to windows 7 64bit, the programs files which you see the computer are not duplicate but it is created by default, as you have performed a custom installation from windows vista 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit, one program file is created for 32 bit and one is created for 64 bit by default, it cannot be deleted, once again I would suggest  do not delete any files from the computer

I hope that this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any more questions about this issue. 

Thanks and Regards
Mir - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer                                                                           

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 745 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: