Custom Install left 2 program files (Program Files and Program Files x86)

Custom install from Windows Vista HP 32 bit to Windows 7 HP 64 bit leave 2 program files - "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86).  Mostly same files in either folder.  If x86 is needed, I don't mind but why duplcate entries with items like Windows Mail.  I tried to to delete Program Files x86 without any success, and I would like to delete sys32 files in the windows folder plus any other 32 bit related items, if possible. I do not want a system with duplicate and redundant files.  Because two items that I downloaded and installed appear in both program files, I'm suspending any further actions on the installation until I'm fortunate enough to receive some help and/or advice from this forum.  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 745 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Pejuson,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

Firstly, I would suggest you do not delete any files from the computer, let me explain to you, how it works, as I understand that you perform a custom installation from windows vista 32 bit to windows 7 64bit, the programs files which you see the computer are not duplicate but it is created by default, as you have performed a custom installation from windows vista 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit, one program file is created for 32 bit and one is created for 64 bit by default, it cannot be deleted, once again I would suggest  do not delete any files from the computer

I hope that this information helps. Please get back to us if you have any more questions about this issue. 

Thanks and Regards
Mir - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer                                                                           

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.