Why can't Microsoft assist with a Windows 7 issue that has not been resolved in the three weeks since I installed the OS? Microsoft support has not yet found a resolution to my efforts of getting XP Mode to work on my computer.
1. I have installed Windows 7 Professional in 64 bit on a new 1tb hard drive.
2. Virtualization is turned ON in BIOS.
3. I am running a 3.22 Intel CPU. My RAM is 4gb.
4. I have downloaded, installed and uninstalled XP Mode AND Windows Virtual PC at least a dozen times over the past three weeks.
5. I am the administrator and ONLY user of this machine.
Yet every time I attempt to install XP Mode, I always get a pop-up window that says: "The virtual machine configuration could not be created. User does not have sufficient access right." The Windows 7 forums have not helped. Does anyone at Microsoft have any ideas how to fix this program?
Everything else (except a few dated drivers) on Windows 7 appears to be working perfectly.
A frustrated and desperate client in Ohio.
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***