Windows Live Mail and mail.west.cox.net

I am an 69 year senior citizen and when I try to use Windows Live Mail it doesn't recognize my webmail password saying it is invalid. I tried reading the posts but they are soo tech oriented that I don't understand what they are saying. Do you have simple instructions on how to make mail.west.cox.net work, link or merge with With Windows Live Mail program.
I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition SP3. At shutdown I get winlogon.exe-Application Error The instruction at "0x5ad71375" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the Program Click on CANCEL to debug the program I then get blue screen with STOP:c000021a{Fatal System Error} The windows Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down. At start up I get a window to view details. winlogon.exe Error signature szAppName:winlogon.exe szAppver:0.0.0.0 szModName:uxtheme.dll szModVer:6.02900.5512 offset 00001375. I really don't want to go through the daunting task of doing a complete system restore. Is there a hotfix for this problem?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,607 Applies to:
Answer
On Mon, 31 May 2010 22:58:35 +0000, SR2044NX wrote:

> I am an 69 year senior citizen and when I try to use Windows Live Mail it doesn't recognize my webmail password saying it is invalid. I tried reading the posts but they are soo tech oriented that I don't understand what they are saying. Do you have simple instructions on how to make mail.west.cox.net work, link or merge with With Windows Live Mail program.

You undoubtedly have settings for Cox (password or something else)
that are incorrect. The best thing to do is to phone Cox and have them
walk you through the settings over the phone.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.