WTV Files...

Folks, Win7 records TV shows in this WTV format and has a built-in tool to convert them to dvr-ms format. I use PS3 Media Server and it doesn't recognize WTV yet so I have to convert. The problem is, WTV Converter that comes with Win7 starts the conversion process and then dies off after converting like 5-6 minutes of the show. How can I diagnose this problem? Would a codec pack cause this? Better yet, is there an alternative converter for WTV into whatever?

Thanks in advance...
SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2018 Views 431 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

Do you receive any error message when the file conversion is taken place?

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting this isue with a Clean Boot to see if we can pinpoint a program or driver that could be causing the issue you are experiencing.

A Clean Boot allows us to start Windows with certain programs and drivers turned off or on by selection. By doing this through trial-and-error we can hopefully pinpoint a specific cause of this issue. Here is how to troubleshoot with a Clean Boot:

Clean Boot Troubleshooting.

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    User Account Control permission.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
    password, Or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

If the issue is resolved check which third party program is causing the problem, referring the link given below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Reset the computer to start as usual.

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
If the above provided steps doesn’t resolve the issue then you may check the event viewer for the errors.

Follow this below link to know more about event viewer.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.