Windows DVD Maker AVI files corrupt :S

Dear All

I have just found out about Windows DVD Maker and decided to give it a go.  I tried to insert a file and found out it wouldn't allow me to select an MP4 so I decided to render each scene of my DVD into AVI format instead of MP4 but as soon as I try and select them I get this error message:

"0 files were successfully added.
1 file could not be added.
The file C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\Untitled.avi is not a supported file type and cannot be imported."

I installed a codec to try and get it to work but previous to this it came up with a similar error saying that the file might be corrupt.

What can I do as its really annoying me :( I have rendered the video as a WMV and it works but it annoys me because it isn't as good quality as the avi that I rendered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,365 Applies to:
Answer

Hi edwardholmes91,

This issue is generally caused due to the codecs or video filters. In your case, it’s highly possible that the codecs you have installed is corrupted and hence causing the error.

I’d recommend you to uninstall the .avi codecs from your computer and re-install the same.

For more information on codecs and video filters, refer the following articles:

Codecs: frequently asked questions

Video filters in Windows DVD Maker: frequently asked questions

Additionally, I’d suggest you to open event viewer and check if there are any significant error messages/codes related to the issue to figure out which fault module is causing the error.

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.