Outlook 2007 AppData storage location in Win 7

When trying to move outlook.pst from a vista computer to a win7 computer I had what I thought to be some strange issues.  I eaisly located the .pst on the old computer in the C:\users\lauren\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook directory.  I wanted to paste this into the Win7 computer. In outlook 2007 on the Win 7 computer when I look under: Tools > Account Settings > Data Files, it shows the .pst file stored in; C:\users\lauren\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook, exactly the same location as on the vista computer.  However (on the Win 7 computer) when I open Windows Explorer and look at that directory there is no "AppData" folder listed!   I kinda solved this by copying my old .pst to "My Documents" and going into  Tools > Account Settings > Data Files and adding it as a new .pst file then making it the default and deleting the other one.  It appears to work fine.  What continues to trouble me is why can't I see the  C:\users\lauren\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook directory in Windows Explorer on my Win 7 machine?  It showed up just fine on the Vista computer.

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2018 Views 2,658 Applies to:
Answer

Appdata is a hidden folder. 

Select Start (Orb)

Type Folder Options in the start search box. Hit enter

Select the View Tab.

Check show hidden filed and folders, and drives.

Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.